Friday 17 March 2017

Data

"90% of data ever created was created in the last 2 years"? (Science Daily, 22 May 2013)

What are we doing with all the rich data that confronts us almost on a daily basis? Well, most of us like to create tables and graphs and play around with fonts, colours and backgrounds and if we bump into a colleague or two who seem a tad bit interested, we enthusiastically share our analyses and wonderings. In fact, we become so obsessed with data that we even do an Inquiry about it.

I am guilty of over-analysing data and sharing with EVERYONE except my learners, so my commitment is to:
- share data with my learners so that their learning can be supported
- personalise progress so that learners and their whanau can easily access and track
- use data to inform my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment