Monday 27 August 2018

Challenge oucome


First thing this morning, just before 8am, I kept my word and rang home to have a chat with one of my Maori learner's parents.

I started by congratulating him on his daughter's success the previous term; 2 MERIT grades totalling 7 credits and asked if he had received my postcards sharing her success. Sadly, he did not recall receiving any mail, so I promised to resend them.

I reached out to him saying that I needed his support ...........wait for it..............wait for it............
"I need "child's name" to be present in maths every day so that she can end the year strongly. Are you able to encourage "child's name" to come to maths every day, please?" Dad did not commit to attendance but thanked me for my call.

As I am marking the roll for period 1 today, the student is being marked as absent.....

No comments:

Post a Comment