Friday 5 May 2023

I am blessed



 
Like most teachers, I have learners with diverse needs and I am so fortunate and blessed that my treasures feel safe enough to articulate their needs. 

Here is a snippet of a lesson with a learner who has moved to the South Island and still wants to continue her learning with me for NCEA L2. In addition to access to rewindable teaching and learning resources and communicating via email/GDocs, we also meet online.

The second photo is of a young lady who last attended a mainstream school in year 9. Since joining me this term for NCEA L2, she is flourishing and confident enough to work on the board for all to see her learning.

Providing outlets for learners to express themselves is certainly building their self efficacy in this subject; especially for my learners who often tell me that they HAAAAAATE maths. They are usually met with a standard response of, "take a breath or two and and at least TRY....that is all I ask of you".


They certainly try and it is paying off.

I am BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment