Wednesday 17 March 2021

Brief update on our Culture of Success

 After my previous post about modelling and celebrating what success LOOKS, SOUNDS and FEELS like, I have a brief follow up to share:

Level 1 Physics 

67% of my Pasifika learners and 50% of my Maori learners have sat their assessment long before the due date and 100% of them have gained NCEA L1 credits. One of my learners stopped by after school today to let me know that he was going to sit his assessment later this week...not sure if he had an inkling that I was analysing his class data

Level 1 Algebra

100% of my Pasifika and 75% of my Maori learners have sat their assessment before the due date and 100% of them have gained NCEA L1 credits. A few learners have sat 2 assessments and have been successful

Level 2 Networks

33% of my Pasifika learners 100% of my Maori learners sat their assessment before the due date and 100% of them have gained NCEA L2 credits. A few learners have sat 2 assessments and have been successful

After their success, I was pleased to hear them ask for an additional standard to attempt. I am going to be bold and say that they know what success looks, feels and sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment