Wednesday 22 May 2019

I love it when a plan comes together

I love it when a plan comes together....................my previous post about "desperate times calls for desperate  measures" was a plan that did not come together. This is the evidence of my reluctant learner after 3 and a half hours of maths. To be honest, it was an intermittent 3 and a half hours with toilet breaks, water breaks, blowing nose breaks etc.


I had to come with a plan B and fast. My plan B is to always make plan A work, so my learner was given a laptop today and he chose to start a new standard. We went over 
expectations for the standard, 
criteria for achievement 
subject-specific terminology needed for the standard
a few "Cheats" and
did a few examples together to build his confidence in the subject.

Hopefully, my learner will spread his maths wings and fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment