Friday 5 April 2019

12MAT Student voice - NCEA L2 Networks


My 12MAT students started the year with a clear focus on achievement. Once a CHEAT SHEET was shared and explained, students were super keen to get on with their learning journey. Feedback was given via a tracking sheet where students could work at their own pace, monitor their progress and then sit their assessment when they felt the confidence to do so. National data shows a success rate of 79%.  My 12MAT class has 100% achievement for the NCEA L2 Networks standard and below is some of the student voice from a survey done just before attempting a practice test

Something NEW9 responses
I learnt about nodes and traversability
nodes
What a network and nodes are.
Nodes,Shortest Route, Minimum Spanning Tree
Networks
Dijkstra and Krushals algorrithim
mimimum spanning tree
Traversability
everything

The strategy (ies) that I used for this standard were9 responses
Finding traversable circuits by finding 0 or 2 odd nodes
Shortest path, Traversability and Minimum spanning tree
Work at a pace that is suitable for me. Read the question properly. Take my time, but also getting all my work done. Be confident in my work and answers.
Shortest Route, Traversabilty,Minimum Spanning Tree
the zero or two odd node checking strategy
-
using low numbers
Kruskal's Algorithm
idk
What can your teacher do differently to assist you to become successful9 responses
Nothing
nothing shes is the best teacher
Nothing. My teacher has taught me perfectly.
She's a fantastic teacher :)
N/A
nothing to change
exactly as they are doing now
nothing
What can your whanau do differently to assist you to become successful9 responses
Nothing
nothing
nothing everything is fine
Nothing really. Maybe just to encourage me.
Nothing
N/A
not sure
What can your friends do differently to assist you to become successful9 responses
nothing
Nothing
working together
Doing their work and not be distracting.
N/A
not sure
What can YOU do differently to assist you to become successful9 responses
Focus more on the topic
nothing because i do the work
Find a way to concentrate better.
Work Hard
focus
concentrate
focus on the topic
Be more focused, gain more passion for Math
nothing
What support or encouragement has your teacher given you for this Achievement Standard9 responses
Shes encouraged me when i made mistakes
confidence
Let me work at my own pace.
Helping me and letting me understand better :)
detailed help and explanations when i am unsure of something
alot
telling me i can do it
That it is possible to achieve as long as you keep trying
idk

No comments:

Post a Comment